I wasn’t home for Mother’s Day so now that I’m here I’m going to treat mommy to a Honey Cloud Pancake:
Ingredients for one single-serving pancake:
- 1 large egg and 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp honey
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla extract
- Cooking Spray
- Soft fruits
How to make them:
1. Heat the oven to 390 degrees. In one bowl, whisk egg white until white and peaky.
2. To make the main batter, in another bowl whisk egg, flour, salt, honey, and vanilla, and then whisk in the warm milk.
3. Gently fold the egg white into the main batter with a metal spoon.
4. Spray a small skillet (~6”) with cooking spray and heat to medium heat on the stovetop.
5. Pour batter in and cook for a few minutes, until the edges are set.
6. Sprinkle fruit on top (I use 1/4 cup blueberries and 1/2 of a banana, sliced) and put entire skillet in the oven.
7. Bake for about 6 minutes or until pancake is fluffed up and golden.
8. Drizzle with the topping of your choice - honey, yogurt, light syrup, etc.